About Rondas México
Rondas México is the web portal where the National Hydrocarbons Commission publishes all information related to the technical administration and supervision of Hydrocarbon Exploration and Extraction Contracts.
Additionally, all interested parties can learn about all hydrocarbon bidding processes, either bidding processes to select partners for the State’s productive company (Farmouts), or the award of Hydrocarbon Exploration and/or Extraction Contracts.
As a citizen participation mechanism, an email address has been made available in order to receive comments or questions from the general public.
Rondas México allows the National Hydrocarbons Commission to fulfill and ensure its commitment to the utmost transparency and accountability.
To generate the information published in this portal, CNH keeps close cooperation with the Ministry of Energy, the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, the Mexican Petroleum Fund for Stabilization and Development and the National Agency for Industrial Safety and Environmental Protection, in accordance with the legal responsibilities of each institution.
Federal Executive Department responsible for conducting the energy policy of the country within the prevailing constitutional framework, with aims at ensuring competitive, sufficient, high quality, affordable and environmentally sustainable supply of energy resources, as required by the development of national life.
- To establish, conduct and coordinate energy policy.
- To select, with the assistance of CNH, hydrocarbon exploration and extraction areas that may be subject to contract.
- To establish the technical design of contracts and guidelines that must be observed during the bidding process.
- To design contracts and terms under which bidding processes take place.
- To establish the contract model to be used in each bidding round (production, shared utility or license).